Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 88

Today was tough, the workout was Kenpo.  I am thinking it wasn't just the workout, I was tired.  However I still did the workout and finished the whole thing, but it wore me out.  I still like what this one is doing for me and my fibro., it is increasing my flexibility in places I never thought possible.  The kicks and punches have gotten stronger and better than when I first started this journey 3 months ago.  My body has responded very well to this workout and I feel like this one has helped almost as much as the Yoga X workout. 

I really do lie the Stretches before the workout, I have added a couple of them to my routine that I do everyday to help me recover for the next workout.  These stretches have added some much needed flexibility to my legs and hamstrings, both weaknesses of mine for a long time. 

Kenpo Stretches before the workout:
  • Straight Arm Reaching Torso Twist- reach right arm up tall and grab your right wrist with left hand, with wide feet reach to the left with a straight back across to the other side and back up tall.  Now repeat this time going all the way to the floor to increase the stretch and repeat on the other arm.
  • Kneeling Lunge/Reaching Arm Stretch- from runners pose kneel down and raise you arms like you are in cresent pose, hold for 30 seconds, and repeat on other side.
  • Lying Hamstring Stretch- with both feet straight keep one leg on the floor and raise the other leg up into the air, hold for 30 seconds, then go for toe lock or hold same position and lower that leg out to the side keeping the other legs stright on the floor, lay you other arm out to the side and look that direction.  Repeat on other side.
  • Pigeon into Kenpo Quad Stretch- from your knees place your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your waist, bring your right knee to your hands and collapse forward.  Then slide your back leg up a little and reach back to grab your ankle on that leg and pull by leaning forward.  Repeat on other side.
  • Frog- still on hands and knees, spread legs wide, keeping legs in parallel position.  Lower upper body down towards the floor while gently pressing hip backwards.  Modify intesnity by resting on forearms.
These are a great way to start or end your day, or at least it is for me.  I love what these have done for my body and the results they have given me over the last 3 months.  I have to recover fast today, because I have Core Synergistics later tonight.  Getting pumped about the finish,
Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment